Go Aconcagua Climb. Enjoy the 6 days expedition trekking through the highest mountains of America.
Aconcagua Climb, 6 days climbing adventure Plaza de Mulas
Day 1 – Mendoza – Aconcagua climb to Confluencia
We start with a meeting with our guide and members of the group to check the equipment, check and rent extras if necessary. After obtaining the permit, we’ll be ready to leave Mendoza city. Transfer from the hotel in the city to Los Penitentes. At our arrival we’ll leave our luggage to be taken by the mules and we’ll keep going on our transport to reach Horcones at the base of Aconcacua.
On this first day we’ll enjoy a nice trekking from 3 to 4 hours to reach Confluencia camp at 3.400masl, the first camp of the Cerro Aconcagua. We’ll spend a night in tents, at the camp all services will be included.
Day 2 – Confluencia – Plaza Francia 6-7 hs. 4000m.
After a good breakfast very early we start the trekking of approximately 5 hours to Plaza Francia at the impressive base of South Wall of Aconcagua. Here we’ll take nice break to enjoy the views and the unique enviroment, we’ll have lunch (lunch box) and we’ll return to Confluencia to spend the night in tour tents.
Day 3 – Confluencia – Aconcagua climb to Plaza de Mulas 7-10 hs. 4350m.
After breakfast we start the trekking to Plaza de Mulas. During the day we will cross vegas, the wide beach and the Cuesta Brava. All this trail will take us the full day arriving to our base camp in Plaza de Mulas after 7 to 10 hours trekking. Night in tents.
Day 4 – Rest in Plaza de Mulas. Day of acclimatization and adaptation to altitude
Full day dedicated to rest. Meals included. Night in tents.
Day 5 – Ascent to the hill Bonete 5-6 hours Aconcagua climb
On this full day, the trekking will offer low difficulty. From the summit we’ll be bale to appreciate a striking view of the Western Wall of Aconcagua and great panoramics of the Central Andes. Return to Plaza the Mulas where we’ll spend the night.
Day 6 – Plaza de Mulas – Horcones – Mendoza 6-7 hs. plus 3 hs. in private vehicle.
After breakfast we’ll begin our returning trekking down the Quebrada de Horcones towards the entrance to the Aconcagua Park. We’ll have dinner in Uspallata, a complete barbecue with local Malbecs that we’ll enjoy after being 5 days in nature. Back to Mendoza City.
Don’t hesitate to Extend the Aconcagua climb to Summit in 17 days expedition.
- Private Transfers Mendoza / Penitentes / Mendoza.
- Base camp services: full board, dining tents, tents, bathroom.
- Mules to and from the CB.
- Permanent communication (VHF).
- Professional guides, from the Aconcagua Park.
- Equipment check and assistance to obtain the trekking permit.
- Accommodation in tent during the program.
Services not Included:
- Cost of the trekking permit to enter the Aconcagua Park.
- Lodging in Mendoza.
- Drinks in Mendoza, Uspallata and Penitentes.
- Any cost derived from leaving the trip in advance (mules, guides, etc).
- Personal equipment, medications, air or ground evacuations, telephone calls, hospitalization, any service not mentioned in this program.
- Buff or similar
- Wool hat or similar for cold days
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- 30 FPS or more
- Headtorch and spare batteries
What do I need to know?
– Minimum 4 pax
– Safety tips: Report to the guide/driver about any special illness, allergy or Physical Restriction.
Remember to TAKE YOUR MEDICATION AND ADMINISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS.
– Insurance: Please, fill in the Risk Insurance Sheet provided by the guide/driver.