Every year thousands of Andinists join our Aconcagua climb expeditions. It consists in an 17 days trail though the highest peaks of the Andes in Mendoza.
Aconcagua climb – Normal Route 17 days
Day 1 – Arrival in Mendoza – 700m
The Guide will meet you at the airport and take you to the hotel. In the afternoon, depending on your arrival time, we will help you buy or rent all the equipment you need. Included: Transportation, hotel and assistance.
Day 2 – Permitions and trip to Penitentes – 2300m
Revision of all your personal equipment, transfer to the General San Martin Park to process the permition to climb Mount Aconcagua. Included: Transportation, hotel and dinner.
Day 3 – Penitentes – Confluencia – 3300m
After have breakfast at our hotel in Penitentes we will take a private transport to Horcones where we will enter the Aconcagua Provincial Park. Trekking of 3-4 hours to Confluencia, where they will receive us with a reception meal in our dining tent. At night we will have dinner and sleep in tents. Includes: Private transportation, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 4 – Confluencia – Plaza Francia – Confluencia – 4000m
After a good breakfast we started the trekking of about 5 hours to the impressive base of South Wall of Aconcagua, After lunch (lunch box) we returned to Confluencia. Included: tents, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 5 – Confluencia – Plaza de Mulas – 4250m
After breakfast we start the trekking to Plaza de Mulas, we will cross vegas, the wide beach and the Cuesta Brava, it will take us the full day, we arrive at our comfortable base camp in Plaza de Mulas. Included: tents, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 6 – Rest – 4250m
Rest in Plaza de Mulas. Day of acclimatization and adaptation to height. Included: tents, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 7 – Acclimatization walk to Plaza Canada – 4900m
Trekking 4hs. We will go back to sleep in BC the same day. Included: tents, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 8 – Rest BC – 4250m
Rest day in Plaza de Mulas. Included: tents, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 9 – Plaza de Mulas – Plaza de Canadá – 4900m
After a good breakfast in BC, we begin the ascent to Plaza Canadá. Includes: tents, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 10 – Canadá – Nido de Cóndores – 5600m
Five hours trekking to Nido de Cóndores. Includes: tents, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 11 – Rest in Nido de Cóndores – 5600m
Light walks around the camp to improve acclimatization. Includes: tents, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 12 – Nido de Cóndores – Cólera – 5950m
Walk from 3 to 4 hours, our last camp at almost 6000 meters. Included: tents, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 13 – Cólera – Summit – Cólera – 6962m
Very early after breakfast we go to the summit (4 or 5 a.m.). Trekking that will take us all day, approximately 12hs. Included: tents, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 14 – Cólera – Plaza de Mulas – 4250m
Trekking down to the BC. Included: tents, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 15 – Plaza de Mulas, Confluencia, Mendoza –
Descent to Horcones. We will stop at Confluencia for food and a short break. Our private transport will wait for us in Horcones and will take us to Mendoza. On the way, we will stop at Uspallata for a steak dinner. Includes: breakfast, lunch package, Confluencia snack, private transportation, hotel and meat celebration dinner.
Day 16 – Extra Day – bad weather or acclimatization
Day 17 – Extra Day – bad weather or acclimatization
** The previous itinerary is subject to changes due to weather conditions, group performance or any other event not described.
- Certified High altitude Mountain Guide
- Two Hotel nights in Mendoza, 4* star/double occupancy with breakfast
- Private transfer In-Out Mendoza Airport to Mendoza Hotel
- Assistance to obtaining climbing permit
- Transportation in private vehicles: Mendoza to Penitentes Lodge
- 1 nights in Penitentes, Private apartment, breakfast and dinner included
- Transportation from Penitentes to Horcones Valley Park entrance
- Carrying of load by mules from Penitentes to Confluencia
- Transport of load by mules from Confluencia to Plaza de Mulas
- Transport of load by mules from Plaza de Mulas to Penitentes
- Full board service in Confluencia BC, Plaza de Mulas and high camps.
- Full board service at Plaza de Mulas BC
- Our camps have solar energy, radios, Satellite Phone.
- Meals are prepared following strict standards of hygiene. We also cater to vegetarians and celiacs.
- Tent for use while group is at the base camp, permanent radio communication and toilet.
- Four season tents, The North Face, Mountain Hard Wear, and Marmot. MSR stoves, cookware and dishes
- Permanent communication BC, high camps, Mendoza, Penitentes to be able logistical issues.
- Common Porter (1 porter per 3 clients)
- Ascent Permit
- Airfare and airport taxes to and from Mendoza
- Food and drink not mentioned in Itinerary
- Personal porters
- Individual gear
- Extra costs as a result of abandoning of the expedition
- Medical or traveler’s insurance. Costs as result of an emergency rescue.
- Personal expenses (drinks, laundry, mail, telephone calls)
- All other services not listed as Included
**This tour is subject to availability and confirmation.
See more expeditions options to climb Aconcagua or do a shorter trip.